This description is based on a 1978 City of Baltimore Neighborhood Survey form from the Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties.
The visible nart of the church is comprised of seven bays and is one story high. The roof is gabled, high pitched, hipped and surfaced with plate tiles. The building and foundation walls as well as the gable ends are surfaced in “formstone”, and the mullions, sashes, doors, and door frame are painted wood. Spherical finials cap both gable ands.
The foundation wall of the bay to the right is punctuated by a flat double-light casement. The building wall is punctuated by three flat windows double hung with nine over one lights. Of the three, the center window is surmounted by a triple light round arched transom. The gable end is punctuated by two flat single light fixed windows. The next bay is punctuated by a flat singlelight casement. Two of these windows punctuate the bay following the entrance.
It is flat painted wood double doors surmounted by a round arch, single light transom. The doors rest on a stone stoop and four stone steps. These elementsare capped by the second gable end. The window punctuating the bay perpindicular to those just mentioned is a flat single light casement. The next three bays, which in plan would be half a hexagon, exhibit the same window treatment. That treatment is three flat windows, each with four lights, that share two decorative mullions. Each window is surmounted by a flat, double light transom.
This building was the last of the first four branches of the Enoch Pratt Free Library to open in 1886. All four of the branches, at Hollins and Calhoun, Light and Gittings, O’Donnel and Canton, and Freemont and Pitcher, were built in similar styles. The building was used as a library until 1956. It was later converted to ecclesiastical usage.